Tuesday 3 April 2012

Evaluation Question 3

From my initial planning I knew my target audience who are Business men with different social class. When I finished my film I showed it to the audience and I had some positive and non positive feedback. The Audience liked the camera angle I used ‘Tilt up’ during the first scene when Laura walks in to see the technician because it was managed professionally after me having few practices. It also showed slowly from bottom to top what she was wearing. I also used the advantage of natural light from outside, where I and Laura are discussing about the business plan on the laptop after I have returned it. The light was enough to cover the whole location and could see the face expression in more detail. Before I started filming I did a structured questionnaire about my film such as if they like the films name ‘Optiplex’ and however we got 90% audience who liked the name. The audience also liked the location we used, Mima Museum, because it was structured as a modern building. And was the meeting point for the technician (Ahmed) and the Business women (Laura). The Audience also liked the location on Mima terrace near the end because this location indicated many signs to the audiences such as I am rich and have control.

I also looked on other films feedback from the audiences. I used ‘Rotten Tomato’ to look at ‘Paul’ (2011) Which is an comedy film, the average rating was 6.3/10

Audiences comment:
‘Here's a movie that teeters on the edge of being really pretty good and loses its way.’

‘Well you go in thnking that this is just going to be a simple nerdy sci-fi flick and thats what you get, however it is surprisingly funny and enjoyable!A great cast and an enjoyable movie to keep you entertained!Its Not one of my favourtie Pegg and Frosts movie, however bring in seth rogen and 'anal probe' then its still entertaining and keeps you very much amused!’
(http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paul/)

Batman Begins (2005) Average rating 7.7/10

‘The character development/theme/plot all mended together so well. In my opinion, better than iron man. Great movie’
‘Its a great introduction of a darker batman from director christopher nolan. Truly a treat!’
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_begins/

However having feedback is important for the producer because it shows them what they have done well at and what they could improve on. If the producer gets mostly all positive feedback on the film then the producer may decide to make a second part of the film.
Throughout the audiences feedback there are some areas we could improve on. For example as I was talking about taking an advantage of natural light for out location, we have used it many times in different scene and some lighting have exaggerated our face expression during the scene at Thistle hotel entrance but however this was something we had no control of. During the scene of the film, I am coming up the stairs to meet Laura and when I reach the end point of the stairs the light is low and was hard for the audience to see the face expressions. I personally think our planning for the lighting was not good as it could be. In some point we thought about relaying on natural light and not use any of our own light. If we used any of our own light we could control the light and able to see where are we using extra light and where there is low light.




No comments:

Post a Comment